New Member Showcase
UCU offers new member showcases to identify umpires looking to begin their collegiate umpire careers at the Junior College and Division III level. Umpires wanting to apply must complete our registration application (see registration button below). The showcase application/evaluation is comprised of a completed, approved written application, an in-person or phone interview with a UCU staff member and an on-field evaluation.
Current showcases are being held at the following sites:
- Mercer County Community College | Trenton, New Jersey (October 19)
- Stockton University | Absecon, New Jersey (October 26)
When completing the application, information needed includes:
- A Headshot (jpg or png file)
- Written reference regarding your umpire ability (write or copy your text into the text area block)
- Written reference regarding your character/integrity (write or copy your text into the text area block)
Please have all the information needed for the application ready to submit at one-time. We understand these written references may take time to collect, so please gather them in order to submit with your registration. Following are the specific questions on the application pertaining to references:
- Provide two umpire references, including name, cell phone and email addresses.
- Provide one written umpire recommendation from one of the two references listed above.
- Provide one written character recommendation from an umpire of your choice.
There is a new member showcase non-refundable fee of $60. If you have attended or plan to attend a 2019 UCU-MAC clinic or camp, you do not need to go through this process.